BSS Executive within Service Development Department at Telenor Pakistan is responsible overall for ensuring project deliveries, maintaining an efficient and technology compliant enterprise architecture with major focus on Customer centric business processes aligned with key strategic objectives. At Telenor Pakistan, we give you the opportunity to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. Being rated as the top employer of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in an environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
He/She should be role model and must have solution providing skills, make informed decisions and manage the Projects wisely in order to achieve company’s business goals through viable technology solutions.
Your Typical day at work
- Manage the Projects end to end ensuring all the milestones in the BSS domain (CRM, Supply Chain, Provisioning)
- Understand & refine Business requirements and ensuring smooth development deriving technical solution with Vendor/development team, testing & deployment.
- Create system designs and technical roadmap.
- Stakeholder Management with internal and external customers
- Vendor/team management for assuring department’s deliveries, and relevant contract management
- Ensure designed solutions are as per best practices and industry standards.
- Handle and deliver on quick basis in critical & pressure situation.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Certifications (good to have): PMP, ITIL, SIEBEL Essentials or related, TIBCO, Java, Oracle related. Etc.
- Should have an understanding of large scale IT systems with focus on telecom specific business processes/technologies have an understanding of Telecom-Customer business processes in one or more areas such as CRM domain, SupplyChain/Inventory, Order Management, Retail/Business Partner Management, Integration, Provisioing/Fulfillment
- Details related to its Enterprise Architecture with respect to COTS and In-house Products, such as SIEBEL, TRACKER,TIBCO,PROVIDENT, MAGIC BOX, VAS @ RETAIL, AVAYA, MAGIC SCREEN, MNP, SAP
- Possess Good people management skills and able to provide leadership to team through coaching, feedback, development goals, performance management and good practitioner of Telenor Values.
- Promote a culture of innovative and creative thinking within the team.
- Should have Vision aligned with Key Strategic Objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills with a can-do-attitude.
- Ability to meet and set short term and long-term objectives for self and assigned team.
- Flexibility, ability to adapt to changing conditions and plans with well-reasoned decision and minimal supervision.
- Strong communication, negotiation and Presentation skills
- Ability to identify and resolve issues effectively.
- Able to multitask while effectively responding during critical situations.
- Develop timelines and prioritize task assignments.
- Ability to manage end-to-end projects/programs from concept development through implementation.
- Should possess good Project Management Skills and able to manage different CFTs/RFQs/RFPs/Contracts on need basis for relevant business segments.
Potential Career Path
The career path for this position leads to possible roles
“Business Analyst”, “Specialist”, “Consultant”, “Expert” , “Management Role”
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas
- Experience in programming, Database design, Implementation, administration, operations of IT systems large scale enterprise IT systems (e.g. SIEBEL, TRACKER, TIBCO, PROVIDENT, NPG, SAP)
- Have an understanding of full BSS Stack (or one or more areas) CRM domain, SupplyChain/Inventory, Order Management, Retail/Business Partner Management, Integration, Provisioing/Fulfillment
- Responsible for translating application requirements and business process models into technical specifications.
- Understanding of standards areas eTOM, ITIL, SID, NGOSS, TOGAF,PMP and UML standards.
- Project Management experience in delivering business requirements as per industry standards with no compromise in quality & Performance, experience of translating Business Requirements into Technical solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Process Improvement models for services development, acquisition of product & services.
- Supervise, design, develop application business change request, solutions, conduct testing, provide implementation and rollout support ensuring Business Continuity.
- Ensures that the Technology Partners and development teams adhere to the principles established by the Enterprise Architecture Standards/Frameworks.
- Focuses on the standards and technologies for enabling systems performance qualities, such as availability, scalability, recoverability, etc
- Able to handle and maintain effective Vendor/Stakeholder relations for relevant BSS projects /Releases through-out the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), manage Application/Product Development Streams and ensure impeccable production roll-outs.
- Should have good understanding of handling CAPEX and OPEX (Budget Planning)
- Develop and execute a solution strategy and business plan that support product growth and Business Continuity. Understand, design, and plan specific service lines in product area.
- Identifying improvement areas including Optimization areas across all aspects of Customer Management and ensuring continuous process improvements in value chain.
- Align information security policies, and translating them into technical requirements via projects
- Forming strategic tactical plans in respective area, aligning business and technology strategy
Last Date to Apply
29th May’ 2020
Job Overview & Link to Apply for Job
|Organization Name||Telenor Pakistan|
|Job Title||BSS Planning Executive|
|Last Date to Apply||May 29, 2020|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering|
|Experience Required||Should have an understanding of large scale IT systems|
|Apply Online||Click Here to Apply Online|
|Download Job Ad / Application Form||Click Here to Apply with LinkedIn|